Sunday, December 30, 2012

No More Force-Fed Learning

You're probably reading this page, my blog, because you want to. That's the beauty of the internet. It makes self-learning easy-  makes pursuing and discovering new interests more fluid.

What if instead you were forced to read it?

I had a friend I made in Sunday School class. We hung out together because we were both musicians. He played bass, i played guitar. He introduced me to some heavy metal music like Ozzy Osbourne.

His mom forced him to come to Sunday School. I went because i wanted to. I saw over and over how she treated him in regards to her religion. She force fed it down his throat. Low and behold after Sunday School he was gone- no interest in his parent's religion. I love it and thrive with it. There's a self-explanatory lesson there.

Force feeding is immoral. Forcing yourself to eat is also bad for you. Yet cramming for exams- gosh, I could go on and on, but the point is the compulsory school system has got it all wrong and is in itself fatally flawed because it is compulsory. It beats the natural learning inclinations out of defenceless souls.





No comments:

Post a Comment